Generally, workplaces are designed cleverly for employee productivity where creative thoughts could bloom and distractions are minimized. However, with social distancing, working from the home is the new normal and workers across the world are settling into their new routines. For some, this new adjustments to working remotely has been challenging. Setting up an office or work space at your home with right office equipment and some changes can make working at home more enjoyable and also make you look profesional. To ensure the best results, it would be a good idea to take advantage of professional interior design services in Trivandrum.
So, whether your job demands long working hours or a couple of hours during the day at your work desk, creating a comfortable working space in the house is vital to focus and work efficiently. Even though, there is no perfect setup that works for everyone, keep one thing in mind that while setting up your home office think that you want to be in that office. Here is a list of suggestions that will help you create a home office that is equally functional and productive as your workplace.
The tips are:
- Plan what you need: Consider the things that you’ll need to work comfortably and efficiently in your home office. Get a proper desk chair and writing space. Make sure that your flooring is hard surface because your desk chair will be moving around in the space. At least make sure it’s hard near the desk. If you have a window nearby, have proper window coverings that will allow you to control the light in the area. If you don’t have windows, then you will need to come up with good lighting sources for your area.
- Choose a space: It’s very important to create a dedicated work space. Get creative and look at your home with a fresh perspective. A corner, mid-landings, staircases, nooks in corridors, guest bedroom, attic, basement or a garage – any of this areas can be considered, but make sure that the room gets lots of natural light.
- Ensure proper lighting: If possible, put your work desk as close as possible to natural light, which will energize you and increase your creativity. Remember proper lighting can create an energizing environment. To reduce eye strain, have lighting installed over your reading area, on the computer, and behind you, so that there’s no reflection off the computer monitor. Place the computer monitor at a comfortable distance from your chair so that you have no difficulty reading the screen. By reducing eye strain, you’ll be able to work longer and more safely.
- Zone the area: Once you choose a space, zone that area and separate yourself from the rest of the household. Divide the rooms physically with book racks, moveable partitions or wooden pallets that can be stacked on top of the other. For a modest home office look, a glass desk is a great option that will seemingly disappear when not in use.
- Create the right ambience: As working from home can get stressful with a lot of distractions, it’s important to create the right ambience in your workspace. Put in décor that calms and also inspires. Avoid distractions by clearing clutter.
- Use an ergonomic office chair: It’s important to purchase a chair that is specially designed for comfort in the work environment. Choose an ergonomic chair as posture and the way you sit affects serotonin, the feel-good chemical in the brain. A chair that forces you to lean forward can result in poor posture and a chair that is too low can strain the wrists. Choose an easily adjustable chair, so you can work comfortably for long hours.
- Get high-speed internet: You may need to upgrade your internet account to accommodate your working-from-home tasks. Video calls can use a lot of bandwidth (which is how the internet transfers data), especially if you’re working for a remote company that has dozens or hundreds of people on a video call. You don’t want to be the employee who constantly has a poor internet connection that causes a blurry video or interrupted audio.
- Set up a separate phone line: Set up a business phone number. This will help differentiate between personal and business phone calls. It can also make you look professional.
Having the right equipment and creating an ambience that promotes productivity can help you work efficiently from home. Set yourself up with features like a chair you enjoy sitting in, lighting that makes you feel good, and tried-and-true strategies to enhance efficiency. Professional office interior designers in Trivandrum can provide the support and guidance you need to create a comfortable home office.